Monday, March 8, 2010

The Ambulars - Summer of the Ambulars


Okay, so let me start off this post by saying that I swear I am not going out of my way looking for dual male/female vocalists bands, but it sure seems like all of the bands I am digging these days fall into that mold. To be honest, I actually don't really know much about The Ambulars, other than what I've been able to read on their relatively thinly populated myspace and a blog entry or two. What I do know is that they were recommended to me by a friend, and the second I started listening, I thought "Yeah. I really dig this."

The Summer of the Ambulars is an appropriate title for the sound of this EP. Leaning more towards the pop-side of the pop-punk genre, The Ambulars have a sound that is makes me grasp at both Jawbreaker and Jimmy Eat World at the same time. I want to walk around in the springtime and get this stuck in my head. What really struck me about their sound was that the obviously DIY production value seems to point to something that would sound fucking great live. That is a great quality for a pop-punk band to have. Check this stuff out and keep an eye out for them hopefully coming around to your town.

The Ambulars - Northern


I can't find any place to purchase this EP online right now, so uh... download it and buy it on vinyl when they come to town!

No comments:

Post a Comment